JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
EMPLOYER: Express Facility Management
REPORTS TO: Controller
EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/30/2021
Staff Accountant is an entry or mid-level accounting professional who is responsible for balancing the ledger, maintaining financial procedures, and confirming financial compliance through preparation of a company’s reports and statements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help maintain accounts payable/receivable files updating vendor/customer information in the system.
- Receive and review vendor invoices to ensure accuracy and recording in the accounting system.
- Assists in performing billing functions; generates customers invoices for mailing.
- Monitor paperwork, invoices, correspondence, and verbal communication with vendors.
- Researches and responds to accounts payable/receivable inquiries in a prompt manner.
- Review weekly credit card transactions and receipts reconciliation.
- Prepare analysis, account reconciliations, and assist with monthly close processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or one to two years of related Accounting/bookkeeping experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related Accounting/bookkeeping experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (Preferred)
- Computer skills required; Accounting Software (Quickbooks, BU Central); Microsoft word, excel and outlook.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Frequently required to sit
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 20 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.